There is no doubt that when it comes to enjoying streaming videos online, you would always like to choose something that can help you get things on a single option. However, there are various video streaming apps available online to go with, but none of them is capable of delivering one-stop streaming solutions. Is it not possible to have a single app to access different types of content online?
Of course, it is possible provided that you choose the Kodi app. Yes, whether you want to get rid of geo-restriction or want to watch programs and live to stream of your choice, you will surely find Kodi addons the right option to go with.
How To Install Kodi on Windows PC and Mac
Whether you want to access BBC or other desired content online, you can easily get things done by Kodi. But the problem arises when you get confused about how to set up Kodi VPN. Do you want to learn how to install and set up especially both for streaming content from your local network or internet.
There could be various questions that may hit your mind when it comes to unlocking the features of Kodi addons. This is the main reason why you need to keep reading this post. Here you will learn ultimate guide on how to do Kodi app installation. So, let’s keep reading it.
Why Do You Need Kodi?
Let’s start with this question. Actually, like all other individuals, you too want to access desired content irrespective of time and location. But due to your internet service provider or other authorities, you may not be able to do so. So, could I watch live streaming of my favourite content?
This is the point where the Kodi addon comes into play. Remember, Kodi is an open-source platform with lots of tweaks, updates and incredible features. It is a renowned community of developers, users and Kodi wiki. So, all these are going to be really useful resources when you start unveiling the power of Kodi. The best part of the Kodi addon or Kodi app is that you can setup it according to your specific requirements.
A Beginner’s Guide to Kodi Setup
However, almost most of the people are aware of the usefulness of Kodi addon or kodi app, but if you are still a new user, you need to learn about it. You need to start from scratch. For this, you need to check out our beginner’s guide to kodi setup. Here, you will be provided a complete guide on how you can set up Kodi app according to your specific requirements.
However, there are various Kodi setup guides available online to go with, but you need to choose the right one. Whatever type of kodi setup guide you choose, but one thing is sure that you need to learn from your mistakes. It means that you need to make a few tweaks in order to set up the Kodi app according to your specific requirements.
Collection Information about Kodi App Installation
The first step towards your guide on how to install Kodi app is to collect as much information about the same as possible. For this, you need to look at nowhere else but the internet. For instance, you need to confirm whether Kodi can work on your chosen operating system or not. Here one point should be noted that Kodi functions on various OS such as Windows, Linux, Android, and even Mac.
If you want to go through an easy-to-understand guide on Kodi setup, you need to learn how to install Kodi app on Windows 10. However, here you are going to learn how to set up Kodi app for Windows 10, but the process of Kodi installation is almost the same on each platform. Here one point should be noted that this guide on Kodi installation or kodi setup won’t cover third-party tweaks. It is not going to cover all third party changes to XBMC/Kodi.
If you are using XBMC, you are likely to find this KODI app setup guide really useful. Here, you need to remember that the Kodi is a new name of XBMC. So, if you want to learn how to use XBMC, you will surely find this guide a useful choice to determine.
What’s the Latest Version of Kodi App?
Before you start learning how to setup Kodi app, you first need to know about its latest version. Yes, latest version of kodi is 17 krypton. The new version comes incorporated with various tweaks and updates. Such as default new skin. This new version comes with two different default skins.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Install and Setup Kodi
If you are going to install and setup Kodi, you first need to know what type of device you are using. Since there could be slightly different ways of downloading and installing kodi app on different systems, you should be aware of the same. Here you need to remember that you should download the latest version of kodi irrespective of your chosen operating system and device.
You must download kodi from the official website i.e. https://kodi.tv/download/. Moreover, if you are an android user, you can directly download Kodi from Google play store. You can download and install it on your device using the newest APK file.
Having chosen the system and device, now you need to follow stated below steps to download and install kodi app.
- First of all, you need to visit at the official website of i.e. kodi.tv.
- If you are an android user, you can visit at Google Play Store to download latest version of Kodi according to your device type.
- Now, you need to click on download option.
- A file starts downloading on your system.
- Once download is completed, you need to click on run option.
- Having run the file, you can be able to install kodi app.
- Now, you can be able to use this application for watching live streaming, videos and TV programs online.
But How Do I Use XBMC/Kodi?
If you are assuming that by merely downloading an installing kodi app, you will be able to explore its features, you need to change your perception. For this, you first need to learn how to navigate different features of this application.
Since you are a first time user, you first need to learn how to use user interface of kodi app. Here one point should be noted that the previous version of kodi app had their specific controls laid out in a given RIBBON with the key area of a display. But now Kodi 17 comes equipped with a new skin or theme. So, you need to learn how to navigate the user interface.
When you reach at the main menu of app, you will find various categories such as TV shows, videos, movies, music videos, pictures, radio, TV, and add-ons. Here, you also need to remember one point that you can also add a new category according to the chosen theme or kodi skin.
Let’s Check Out Context Menu
Remember the context menu can offer extra functionality especially depending on what display you are on when you simply click it. Take for instance; you can click on contextual menu for given movie category. You should remember the fact that the context menu also provides us the choice to play video, choose it as watched or simply pull up extra details on the video or movie.
In other displays, the options you may witness could be different especially depending on what make real sense for that certain media type. If you want to pull up the context menu, you first need to know on what type of device you are using Kodi. For instance, check out stated below options.
- Mouse – right click
- Android – long press
- Keyboard – C
- NVIDIA shield controller – X button
- And yes Amazon Fire TV – click on menu button
Kodi Setup Tutorial on Video Library
If you want to make kodi app as much useful as possible, you first need to learn how to setup your media library. Setting up a media library can be the most important part of overall kodi setup process. So, you need to start the job by adding desired videos to your created library. In case of not ripping your movie assortment to a hard drive, you first need to do the same.
Moreover, before you simply begin adding every file on a hard drive, you first need to work on a few things.
Here, you need to remember that kodi expects the given media files should follow a specific format. Moreover, the format could be different if the certain file is a TV show or movie. If the given filename isn’t listed officially or correctly, kodi might be able to explain what exactly it is.
But it can be done? Actually, kodi simply uses a procedure known as scraping to pull desired data from a certain file. In case of kodi isn’t capable of scrapping correctly the given file, it could be one of two reasons i.e. it might ignore the file and skip the process when creating your media library, or it may mistakenly consider the file for a different movie.
You may now be confused on how to organize your media library. If this is the case, you need to follow this guide on how to install kodi app. This way, you could easily figure out what should be in your media library.
How Can I Organize My Media Library?
If you are confused on how to organize your media library, you need to keep reading this post. Here are basically two choices available to go with when it comes to organizing media folders.
- Create a folder that should contain all of your valuable media files.
- Each TV series or movie should be stored in its specific folder.
So, now it is your choice on how you would like to organize your specific media library. Remember, the aforementioned methods of organizing media files come with their own specific advantages and disadvantages. So, before choosing an option, you first need to go through the pros and cons of the same.
How You Can Name Movies
In case of using subfolders, you need to include title and the year of chosen movie folder names. Here, you need to catch a point that in order to improve the scraper’s overall performance, you should add the year especially within parenthesis especially to the end of given filename or folder name. Let’s check the example below.
\movies\the usual suspects (1995)\filename.avi
\movies/avatar (2009) filename.mkv
How Do I Name TV Shows?
If you want to have a single folder for your all media files, you first need to add the same details in the same order, but you still need to change the given filename, rather than the available folder name. Are you confused? If yes, then you should check out the example given below.
\tvshows\house (2004)\season1\hosue.s01e01-everybody lies.mkv
Tips on How to Add Movies to a Media Library
Here you need to remember that Kodi uses the certain general procedure to include movies, pictures and music to a media library. However, there could be differences, but still there are three procedures to begin the same.
In case of skipping to this section or part on ignoring the including music or including pictures sections, you would witness much of the same details repeatedly. Here, you need to remember that each part comes with specific information, so you must learn each and every section. So, let’s check out how you can add movies to a media library.
- You need to start the process by scrolling down to the option MOVIES on the given menu.
- Once you find it, click on the same.
- Here, you will find option ENTER FILES SECTION.
- If you don’t have anything to show in library, it will directly take you towards display.
- In case of being aware of the path of your chosen media server, you may take a little shortcut to enter it directly in the given box.
- So, in that situation, you will have to browse for the same.
- Remember, you also need to deal with different types of options depending on the type of media server you have chosen.
Remember, Kodi doesn’t know and care about whether your media files are stored on Windows PC or somewhere else. Kodi can simply detect it. So, whatever type of device, operating system, networking system, and media files you are using, kodi can always be able to find out everything.
Moreover, if you are looking for the home servers, you need to look nowhere else but Windows Network SMB. With the help of this option, you could be able to add files from a given external storage option. For instance, if you are using hard drive or flash drive, you can still be able to perform the task. Apart from that you can also use Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) when it comes to storing media files. However, you may use UPnP, but due to security issues, it is not a recommended option to go with.
You can name your network devices after characters, things in movies and even places. In this situation, you can use anything that you want.
Kodi Setup Process – How to Add Music to a Library
If you want to add music to your certain media library, you need to learn how you can do the same. There is no doubt that including music to a media library can be the second biggest part of your overall kodi setup process. Just like Kodi 16 jarvis, the latest version also follows the same procedure when it comes to adding music to a media library.
Unveil a New Music Library
There was a time especially prior to renowned kodi 16; you could be able to add music easily. There was not much difference between a music library and video library. But for some weird reasons, scanning files into a music library was a highly restricted two step process. While on the other hand, video library can be scanned without the two-step process. There was a time when you had to mechanically pull up the given context menu, and then choose SCAN TO LIBRARY option.
Now, with the advent of latest version of Kodi, things have been completely changed. Now, the system will confirm whether you want to scan all the available files in a folder urgently or just want to do it like video library.
Benefits of Music Library
In December, 2015, Kodi officially announced its new music library option. Kodi also added a new tweaks and functionalities to it. Let’s check out a few of them stated below.
- A consistent appearing library view similar to TV show and movies.
- Now, you can enjoy easy searching music option.
- Moreover, you can find library splits into various sections such as artists, singles, genres, albums, all songs, top 100, years, and many more.
- You can also use smart playlist in order to filter the things better than ever before.
- You can also rate your favorite music as well as filter the same based on your ratings.
- You are also able to share music over your specific home network. But for this, your client should support renowned UPnP.
- Scan for extra details such as album review, artist biography, synopsis suing the given context menu in an artist library or album.
- You can easily enable it by follow this – SETTINGS – MUSIC – LIBRARY – FETCH ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DURING UPDATES
How to Tag Music in Kodi
As you have already gone through in the video section that KODI requires files that should be in specific format so that scrapers can easily figure out the files. The same rule can also be applied when it comes to tagging music in Kodi.
Here, you need to remember that unlike TV shows and videos, kodi doesn’t search for file names itself. Instead, it searches for the ID tags thoroughly embedded in a specific file.
So, what exactly it means is that each file or song should have ID3v2.3, ID3v1, ID3v2.4, APE or comments tagging. In case of not tagging file, kodi won’t be capable of figuring out what exactly the song is.
Additional Tips about Downloading and Installing Kodi App
However, by going through aforesaid kodi app installation ultimate guide, you must be capable of understanding everything associated with the same. But still you need to take care of few things while going through the process of downloading and installing kodi app.
- First of all, you need to download Kodi app from its official webpage. You should avoid downloading the app from unknown sources online. In case of downloading the file from an unknown source on the internet, you will have to cope with virus and malware attack.
- Before downloading the kodi, you should first confirm compatibility of your device and operating system. You aren’t supposed to download kodi for a streaming hardware that doesn’t support it.
- When you complete the downloading process, you need to follow the installation procedure.
- While installing the app, you first need to make the required changes to the settings of your device.
- If you are getting error message while installing the file, you should first check out your streaming hardware or device.
- It is often seen that many users simply download an older version of Kodi app. If you are also among those users, you need to stop practice as soon as possible. Remember, you should always download latest version of kodi.
- If you are finding it difficult to navigate desired features, you should first go through a guide on how to use kodi app.
- If you are going to use third-party kodi addons, you should not forget to install a VPN.
- You should avoid using a free VPN as it may not work for you. Instead, you should go with a paid option.
- Since Kodi is an open-source option, you should always be ready to accept new updates and tweaks about the same.
- If possible you should avoid using third-party illegal add-ons.