- 1 6 Ways To Improve Your Local SEO
- 1.1 1. Get On Google My Business
- 1.2 2. Get on Bing Places, Yext and Yelp
- 1.3 3. Improve Your Local Ranking With Customer Reviews
- 1.4 4. Make Sure Your Website Is Mobile Friendly
- 1.5 5. Earn Backlinks and Local Citations
- 1.6 6. Let’s Talk About Local SEO and Directories
- 1.7 Put Your Small Business On the Map With Local SEO
Thinking to start a new business with your skills and resources? If the answer is yes, then you must also be thinking how to get clients/customers, isn’t it? In that case, you should be concerned about Local SEO.
Whether you are a carpenter, a dog groomer or you have any local business that has even a bit of scope for competition, remember that people first search for businesses online and then visit the stores later. Let me make it clear with numbers. According to Google, 76 percent of people who search for local business on their smartphones end up visiting that business within the next day.
Through this article, you are going to learn some Local SEO tips to boost your business so that your customers find your business on the web pages first.
6 Ways To Improve Your Local SEO
1. Get On Google My Business
Google My Business page is like a snapshot listing of your business that appears whenever someone searches for your business using related keywords.
Using Google My Business, people can find your business on a local map along with customers, hours to visit and pictures that represent your business. The best way to make the most of this page is to include as many details as possible and also include the keywords in the business’ description.
If there is one single most important ways to improve your local SEO, it is Google My Business.
Google My Business Post Best Practices
Just like other social networks, you can (and should) share Google My Business posts. They disappear after a week, so keep them updated. There are four basic types of posts you can create:
- Event Posts: Share details about upcoming events on your business page with details like time, location and a call to action.
- Offer: Share offers, sales and promotion details with offer deadlines and coupon codes
- Products: Let your customers know your products well including the price.
- What’s New: These are just like the Facebook status updates. This is a great place to link your business content.
Add one of these call-to-action buttons in each posts on Google My Business page.
- Order Online
- Learn More
- Sign Up
- Get Offer
- Call Now
Converting leads on the spot directly from SERPs is a cake walk with Google My Business. Use it as effectively as you can!
2. Get on Bing Places, Yext and Yelp
Did you know? Bing and Yahoo! represent 5.59% and 7.1% of search engine usage, respectively.
Bing and Yahoo! apart from Google has a good share in search results. Listing your business on Bing Places and Yext is same as Google My Business, except this is for Bing and Yahoo! Also, Yelp, which is a listing platform since 2004 is worth considering to enlist your business with photos and other data. While listing your business, enter the optimized content with relevant keywords and be kind to the viewers even if they are wrong about your products.
This brings us to our next point…
- Best Place to Buy High Authority Expired Domains Using Scrapebox
- Voice Search Optimization Keyword Research Guide For 2019
3. Improve Your Local Ranking With Customer Reviews
Keyword volume has a lot to say in rankings. But that doesn’t mean to flood with hundreds of reviews. If your users are not active, and when that happens, Google thinks that your business is not active either and pulls down in rankings.
It is the consistent reviews that can help you out at this moment.
How to Earn More Customer Reviews on Google
- One of the best ways is to request reviews from your favorite customers through personal outreach via emails.
- Create an automated follow-up email for every ecommerce order requesting a Google review.
- Request Google reviews through your business cards and drop them in the customers’ shopping bags.
- Make it easy for the customers by sending a linking where they can find your business name on Google and then copy the resulting address bar link. Use URL shorteners to shorten the links.
Note: Do not get paid Google Reviews
4. Make Sure Your Website Is Mobile Friendly
In the view of Google, local SEO is mostly mobile-driven. If you have not optimized your mobile site yet to load it in less than 3 seconds, then you will fall behind.
You can check if your website is mobile-friendly or not using Google’s mobile-friendly test tool. You’ll either be told that your page is mobile friendly, or you’ll receive an error.
5. Earn Backlinks and Local Citations
Link building in SEO is always about getting most of the lucrative backlinks, ie. targeting pages with high authority with good link profile and with a decent amount of traffic. Try building authority backlinks to your website in order to rank in the first page, and if possible first place in the first page. At the end, make sure you own profile contains some local link juice.
6. Let’s Talk About Local SEO and Directories
SEO experts consider directories important for many reasons – not just backlinks. They are one of the sources Google relies on to push traffic for websites. Google pushes traffic to a business/website if they know their information is accurate.
Besides Google My Business, Yelp, Bing Places and Yext, there are many business directories with sounding domain authority that can list your business. Some of them are:
Put Your Small Business On the Map With Local SEO
As local businesses innovate ways to rank higher for organic reach, Google responds with new ways to make sure people get the most relevant information they are looking for! The tips listed in this article should help you to rank your business in the top position on Google and other search engines.
With that being said, local SEO is, in many ways, more complex than normal SEO – so if you need help getting started, don’t hesitate to contact me to do it for you. I have already helped some local businesses rank on the first page to get leads.
If you like this article, stay tuned to Digi Critics for more tech stuff!